I've been asking some of my former characters some questions and if you've read their book maybe it's a little insight into the character you've read about and maybe if you haven't read about them yet it will make you wonder about their story.
Questions with Virginia from One True Love
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Being anywhere with Matty.
2. what is your greatest fear? losing my husband
3 What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? That I'm weak when it comes to Matty.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? mean spirited
5. Which living person do you most admire? My daughter Isabelle for being strong and independent. For knowing what she wants and going after it.
6. What is your greatest extravagance? My dresses
7. What is you current state of mind." Peaceful
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? that a woman should be helpless to please a man
9.On what occasion do you lie? When I know it will hurt Matty to hear the truth.
10. What do you dislike about your appearance? everything. (she shakes her head)
11. Which living person do you most despise? I still despise Stephanie for trying to take my man
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? That he can be strong yet loving and caring
13.Which words or phrases do yuo most overuse? I wasn't aware that I overused anything
14. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Mathias "Matty" Alvcon my beloved husband
15. When and where were you the happiest? Any time I'm with Matty and it doesn't matter where we are as long as we're together.
16. Which talent would you most like to have? I would love to be able to write poetry. My favorite poem is Ode to a Nightingale by John Keats.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would like to be a stronger woman
18.What do you consider your greatest achievement? My children, Isabelle and Mathias 2
19.If you were to die and come back as a person, or thing, what would it be? The partner or lover to whatever Matty comes back as
20.Where would you most like to live? I love it here in America but I would live wherever Matty chose.
21. What is your most treasured possession? My wedding ring,,,it took me long enough to get it. (she laughs)
22.What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? The death of my loving husband or one of my dear children. As you know I already had one die
23. What is your most marked characteristic? I'd say it's my hair. It looks like fire in the sun. I guess the next thing would be my eyes. Matty says they remind him or sparkling emeralds.
24. What do you most value in your friends? Their pure loving hearts.
25. Who are your favorite writers? John Keats and Jane Austen
26. Who is you hero of fiction? Mr. Darcy in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
27. Which historical figure do you most identify with? no one (she shakes her head again)
28. Who are your heroes in real life? my husband is my only hero
29. What is it that you most dislike? I hate that my son and his family are so far away.
30. What is your greatest regret? That I didn't demand Matty take me with him to America the first time he went.
31. How would you like to die? In my husband's arms, peacefully.
32. What are your dreams? The only dream I ever had was to be with Matty and to have him love me as much as I love him. and that has come true finally.
Tell me a little about something in your life now. (she closes her eyes and smiles as she thinks about her family.) When my children were young they were a bit wild in their ways. I never gave much thought of what would happen when they became adults. I never dreamed they'd fall in love with the little Indian children of Wind Walker, let alone marry one another.
I was just sitting on my porch this morning watching a whole new set of children playing...my grandchildren from Izzy and Black Cloud. I couldn't help but laugh watching my husband chase the children as they screamed and laughed.
None of our lives had been all fun and games. There was a time I didn't believe me and Mathias would be together much less as happy as we are right now.
I remember when Black Cloud got hurt once. Poor Izzy wouldn't leave his side she prayed and nursed him back to health. We were all terrified when he caught the fever we didn't think he'd pull through but Izzy never gave up on the man she loved. That was when we knew she'd fallen for Black Cloud. Of course our son had already married the sister of Black Cloud. I'm sad that he and Singing Wind moved to England to live when his grandfather was dying. He learned to take over the business. It was no surprise to me when I found out that Matty the 2nd loved the same pound that we did when we lived there.
Maybe you should write a couple more stories about my children and give them a life of their own.
Perhaps I will take Virginia's idea and write two more books One True Love 2 and 3 may be coming soon. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Next time we will continue with questions and answers from Mathias.